Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Letting go of expectations

For the most part...expectations are not good! It sets us up for failure. When things don't go the way we "expect," it can be hard to change course...especially with a good attitude.

I had complete expectations of what it would be like meeting Anastasija at the airport. I had expectations of taking her back to the airport. None of that is going to happen.

It's really okay, though. Like I said in my last post it is a "bump in the road." Anastasija will get here...one way or another...and we will advocate with everything we have to find a family who will work toward making her a part of their family.

So, the plan at the moment is to drive to Atlanta, meet her at the airport around midnight on June 25th, stay with a friend, or family member, or in a hotel, and drive home Saturday. I will be going with Roger, along with a few of our kids, and then we will find a family (or grandparents) to stay with the rest of our crew until we get home. See? It will work out. She will come. Somehow. And I am doing my best to let go of expectations. And just so you know...I don't have a bad attitude. I learned a long time ago that plans are often written in sand, not in stone. It is what it is.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great approach to take. Y'all are going to have a great time - and I do pray that the perfect family finds her while she's with y'all!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a happy thought!